Teaching and Learning
A group for everyone involved in or interested in the teaching and learning of ecological science and related disciplines.
Secretaries: Lesley Batty, Dan Forman and Alice Mauchline
Social media: @BES_TLSIG
Website: Teaching and Learning pages
Whether its professional support for teaching staff or sharing good practice and ideas in pedagogy, this group aims to support those who teach and learn ecological sciences, in the classroom, the field and lab. We welcome everyone to the group, wherever in the world they may be, to join in the discussions and networks.
Join the mailing list
To keep up to date with the latest news and activities of the group, please join the Jisc mailing list. The list is used by the growing community to advertise events, post job information and make requests.
You can read our blog and find out more about our events and SIG activity through our website
- Increase BES membership through providing specific and relevant events for teaching based ecologists e.g. Teaching Fellows, ecologists within other disciplines, schools and CPD providers
- Support the sharing of best practice in teaching and learning of ecology and related disciplines by hosting annual symposia
- Provide a professional support network for ecologists with strong teaching /learning focus who may not otherwise access discipline specific support
- Work with support of the BES Policy and Education committees in order to contribute to HE and schools policy related consultations
- Provide support and mentoring for PhD students developing their teaching skills
Events and Meetings
Information about all upcoming events can be found on the Events page.
To be confirmed on May 2nd 2017 – to be posted soon!