Shape our policy work
We are recruiting a full time Policy Manager, based in our London office to direct the policy work of the society.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self- motivated individual with excellent communication skills to build on the successes of our previous Policy Manager and further develop the profile of the Society and its’ policy work.
The Policy Manager will be an integral part of the Society’s External Affairs team, and will be responsible for :
- Developing and implementing the Society’s policy strategy in liaison with the Policy Committee (PC).
- Effectively communicate the views of the BES to policy makers through consultation responses, parliamentary briefings, other policy documents and meetings.
- Advise the Society on key areas of policy and prepare and deliver papers as required by the Policy Committee and BES Council.
- Track legislation and policies at the devolved, national and European levels and identify opportunities for BES input.
- Represent the BES and its views at meetings with external partners.
- Organise events for ecological and policy audiences, independently and in partnership with other organisations, to foster knowledge exchange and collaboration.
- Overseeing the work of the Policy Officers based in London and Edinburgh
- Deputising for the External Affairs Manager when appropriate
Further Details for the Policy Manager vacancy
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact the Policy Manager, Ben Connor.
Applications: Please submit your CV, and covering letter via email to email@example.com